Tuesday 30 December 2014

Wow what a year I have had! Made it in Dubai!

Its hard to believe but 2014 is coming to a close. I have had the most amazing year to date in regards to how much my business have grown and all the fun photo shoots I have had the honor to work on.
I am having a  hard time to pick a particular moment because I have had so many totally awesome ones this year but if I would just mention a few that are topping my list I would say photographing Donald Trump for a magazine cover was a super fun photo shoot and to photograph the Majesty the Queen of Sweden was pretty cool for me as well being a fellow Swede :) It was also a total honor to be the chosen photographer to photograph some of the Al Maktoum children. When I got the phone call I totally thought I was on candid camera or something lol. Same thing when I drove up to the palace and the guard stopped me saying I must have gotten the wrong house and asking me do you know who lives here? -It is Sheikh Mohamed Al Maktoum! And my reply was yes then I'm at the right place thats where I am going. You should have seen the disbelief on his face ha ha. But a phone call later and the gates were opened for me. It was pretty awesome to say the least.
I also have had several nice article write ups about me in the press both here locally in the UAE and back home in Sweden, as well as several radio appearances in both Sweden and here in Dubai.
2014 was also the year I started photographing local Emirati weddings, previous years I have photographed European weddings where most of them being Scandinavian weddings either Norwegian or Swedish ones, but this year I also embarked on the Emirati ones and I am loving to be chosen to also capture them. I have photographed 11 local Emirati female weddings this year and I already have quite a few booked in for 2015 with my first one this Friday the 2nd of January in Abu Dhabi, so I am predicting the numbers will be at least tripled for next year easily.
I have had a very diverse and very fun year to say the least hoping for just an exciting and fullfilling 2015.
Do you have any new years resolutions?
I have one which is to learn how to film with my dslr. What is yours?
Happy New year to you all!!
Over and out for now.
Helen xx
#Selfie
Al Badia Golf Club
Darren Clarke
Donald Trump
Tiger Woods
#DubaiPhotoWalks
Rory McIlroy
Amelia Magazine. Swedens largest women's magazine
Helen and Donald Trump
Live on the radio
Miguel Angel Jimenez
Louise Larsson
Eduardo Molinari
Donald Trump

No comments:

Post a Comment