Friday 17 February 2012

James Blunt Concert in Dubai 2012

The Dubai International Jazz Festival has arrived!
Last night was the first day with the opening act being none other than James Blunt.
As per normal concert etiquette he came on stage later than planned. Why does that always happen? I don't get it? Anyway once he started he was playing all his normal songs I personally have one or two of his CD's but he still played several songs i had never heard of they were not bad they to me just all sound very much the same which makes it hard to tell them all apart. I still consider myself as a James Blunt fan so don't let my chatter about all songs sounding the same being a negative thing its just his signature i guess?
The concert was at a lovely setting outdoors at Al Badia, Festival City great atmosphere and lovely temperature at the moment. I hate to think how hot and sweaty it will be at the Madonna concert in June.
Here are some snaps from last nights show. Enjoy!
Were you there? What did you think? Did you see how many prams that were present? Can't believe how many parents that bring their children to a late night concert for what reason? One mum was mowing down beer glasses as she was pushing her pram towards the exit at 23.30 That might be a hint to you should not be out with a pram at that time. The child was of course wide awake as well. Myself and my hubby also had to step over two children laying on the lawn sleeping when we were walking towards the exit. Yes I admit I left before the concert was over... I was just as tired as those children laying there sleeping on the grass.  :-)
I did enjoy it thought!!! honest.
Tonight I am off to see Jools Holland And His Rhythm & Blues Orchestra. Bring on the Jazz..... (I am not really a Jazz fan) But always nice with things happening around you don't you think?
Today I had to say no to yet another Wedding photography shoot. I hate when I can't say Yes!!! Just that the dates were clashing with other plans unfortunately.
Hope you are all doing well out there!
See ya'
Helen xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment