Monday 7 February 2011

The coolest job ever!

Literally! I stood still for 2 hours photographing the Scandinavian Challenge Ski Tournament at Ski Dubai. They have a constant -2C which I could feel I definitively did not dress warm enough. The first 45 minutes I was fine then my fingers and toes went numb. Not a great feeling. It It was definitively the shortest ski slope I had ever seen it took the winner 19.22 sec to get down so the window of opportunity to photograph was a quick one. :-) It was the winner that also received my git voucher for a Free Family Photo Shoot!
After the tournament myself and a few of the audience went up the ski lift without skis it was a sit lift so no problem there and had a nice warm hot chocolate at the top cafe. I can recommend going to ski Dubai just for the experience even if you are not a skier. Me being from Sweden I am used to snow and cold or at least should be.... I was very impressed by the quality of the snow it felt and looked just like ‘real’ snow I guess it has to do with the temperature being at a constant. I thought it might go very icy like fake snow does in the Swedish ski resorts but I guess that is due to the changing temperatures.
It was a great event even though a cold one with a great after ski party at the Grandeur Hotel afterwards.  For more info check out their Facebook Group:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_143110569081030

Tomorrow and the next coming days I am off to Photograph a few European Tour Professionals (golf players) at Emirated Golf Club which will be great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment